Thursday, June 25, 2009

Allow me to introduce other survivors in Woodley's wake

Even before the website was conceptualized, I am blessed to be in contact with two other ladies who have experienced Woodley's wrath now that he is incarcerated.  Two others I am aware of, remain silent.  These incredible women, both registered nurses, will guest-blog and add comment.  Additionally, I'm asking my angel (KING COUNTY DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ADVOCATE) Emily to chime in.  Emily was at my side from the time the US Marshall came on board in efforts to apprehend Woodley.  I invite blog readers to reference the front page story from the 4/24/09 Daily Breeze (click to open) that summarizes my experience...it includes Emily's quote which I'll paraphrase:  "Woodley is the first defendant I had a physical reaction to in the courtroom".  This compassionate, seasoned professional was physically sickened in Woodley's presence.  Of the two ladies who also survived Woodley, Mandy found me through Emily even prior to the sentencing.  Heather read the Breeze article, contacted reporter Denise Nix, then found me on Facebook.  Each will be invited to guest-blog, and I will extend their original content in addition to comments welcomed from each reader.  Tho my case was extreme, it is no more important than any other.  Remember we are survivors, NOT victims.  Each survivor deserves the same genuine compassion that enveloped me after my escape.  For friends and family members, learn how to support those you love even when they don't confide their situation with you...just keep loving them, and plug into the National Domestic Violence Hotline in the US at www.NDVH.org or call 1-800-799-SAFE where trained advocates are waiting to assist.  Invoke angels and be blessed.

No comments: